Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rooibos Vanilla Chai

Tea: Rooibos Vanilla Chai
Vendor: Adagio Teas
Price: $7/4oz
Vendor Description: Masala chai spices in a South African red rooibos base with a hint of vanilla. These spices will dance on your palate while the creamy vanilla rooibos will sing to your soul. Naturally caffeine free for an anytime treat.

Leaf: The leaf for this chai consists of some dried fruit pieces, ginger, cloves, and rooibos of course. There is a very sweet and bold aroma and a definite vanilla feel to the aroma. There is a rather high other to rooibos ratio in this chai mix.

1st Infusion Parameters: 5g, 5oz, 185F, 7 min

1st Infusion: This tea has a light murky color to it. It has a sweet vanilla aroma. The flavor is strong and lightly bitter. The clove portion of the flavor is quite prominent, a bit too prominent in my opinion.

Rating: 3/10

Conclusion: The cloves somewhat did this tea in. The flavor was too rich and drowned out the rest of the flavors in this tea. To an extent it felt like I was drinking a mainly clove infusion. This reminded me of the Coco Chai from Mighty Leaf, but instead of the sweetness from the coconut there was a lot of clove flavor here. I prefered the round sweetness of the coconut, but if you prefer a stronger, sharper, and stiffer chai, this is probably a good choice for you.

3 comments:

LoveDrinkingTea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LoveDrinkingTea said...

I have spend many a time reading your blog post, I love anything tea related and am always looking forward to your next article, I am myself a huge fan of Rooibos Loose Tea and have been for some time, I started drinking this type of tea because one it is caffeine free and for the well known health benefits which are associated to Rooibos Tea, I thought I would share with you a company I have been ordering tea from for it must be over 5 years now, The Kent and Sussex Tea and Coffee Company, they are a small family business with over 1000 different types of Loose Leaf Tea, here is their amazing selection of Rooibos Tea please keep up the good work.

Nadia Fika said...

You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

Drjfitnessanimation.com
Information
Click Here