Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lemongreen

Tea: Lemongreen
Vendor: Tavalon
Price: $4.95 / .8 oz.
Vendor Description: A refreshing, low-caffeine blend of mellow green tea from China and zesty Thai lemongrass.

Leaf: This tea is an interesting mixture of lemongrass and large tea leaves. There is something in the mix as well that reminds me of a grass that somewhat reminds me of hay. There is a very distinct black tea like aroma mixed with a certain dustiness.

1st Infusion: The tea has a very straw brown color to it. It has a sweet aroma to it that reminds me of a mixture of lemongrass and fruity pebbles. The flavor is very smooth and long lasting. It ends with a light sense of astringency.

2nd Infusion: With this infusion the only thing that comes to mind is the taste of fruity pebbles. It is slightly more lemony and a smoother flavor.

Rating: 6/10

Conclusion: This is a very unusual tea. It's the first time that I've had a tea that reminds me of fruity pebbles. As a mixture there is nothing really wrong with it, but it doesn't remind me so much of a tea as fruity pebbles.

No comments: