Friday, April 3, 2009

Melon Oolong Cold Brew

Tea: Melon Oolong Cold Brew - 8239
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Price: $9.00 / 50g
Vendor Description: Sweet aroma of juicy melons and aromatic Taiwanese oolong tea.

Infusion Parameters: 15g, 1 L , Overnight steep in refrigerator.

Infusion: This tea infused into a clear yellow color. It has a sweet aroma, it's like a light cantaloupe aroma. The flavor is somewhat unusual, it is very cool and light. The strength of the flavor on my tongue very much reminds me of a piece of cantaloupe. The tea feels crisp overall with an aftertaste that reminds me of melon rind.

Rating: 5/10

Conclusion: I liked this tea this way. It was cool and refreshing, but the price of the tea is a bit high considering the ratio used. It makes for a somewhat expensive cup of iced tea. It is however very cool and refreshing. I wonder what this would be like with an actual piece of cantaloupe.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Very interesting. I have never seen this type of tea and I grew up in Taiwan! But this cold-steeping style became rather popular a few years ago. I do it in the summer with high mountain Oo-long. Even though Irish summers are rarely hot, it makes for a pleasantly refreshing drink.

You have a great blog here. As a tea lover, I will be visiting for updates regularly!