Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sugiomoto USA

Vendor: Sugimoto USA

The first that I heard about this company was when they announced the results of the tastings for the World Tea Expo this year. Sugimoto USA (SA) won the first place for their genmaicha in the flavored/blended category for loose tea. I looked them up shortly afterwards and found that they have a very small selection and was intrigued. They only have 3 main products, a sencha, genmaicha and hojicha. These are available in an assortment of forms, both loose and teabag, in varying quantities. They do nicely have sample packs available as well, something that I wish more stores would offer. I tried all three of their current offerings and they were all exceptional teas. I was even honored to try out temomicha due to their kindness, and hope to experience it again if they are able to offer it next year. While their selection is very limited, it doesn't need to be expansive when your product is top notch. I highly suggest anyone who enjoys a good Japanese tea to give Sugimoto USA a try.

No comments: