Sunday, March 9, 2008

Teabag - Chamomile Citrus

Tea: Chamomile Citrus
Vendor: Mighty Leaf Tea
Price: $8.95 /15 teabags
Source: Egypt
Vendor Description: Chamomile Citrus is a refreshing infusion perfected to curl up with and savor by the sip. Made with Soothing Egyptian Chamomile flowers and subtle slices of citrus fruit, this vibrant blend will rejuvenate the spirit. From intoxicating aroma to sweet flavor, this Mighty Leaf signature blend with Chamomile, fruits and herbs reflects our vision of the artisan tea experience.

Chamomile Citrus is available in 100 individually foil wrapped and 15 individually cello wrapped biodegradable Tea Pouches™.

This was the last of the three samples that I had received from Mighty Leaf. Chamomile Citrus is an herbal tisane made from Chamomile. Chamomile tea is one of the most prevalent tisanes out there among rooibos as the most common. This was my first time having Chamomile since I started really noticing what it was that I was drinking.

When I opened the pouch, the first thing that I noticed was a very strong orange scent coming out, which given the name was no big surprise. I was rather surprised though looking at the teabag that there were a lot of different things inside. I'm rather used to seeing rather homogeneous single ingredient teas so this was a bit of a surprise.

The tea had a very short and brisk flavor. This is of course though in comparison to true teas. The short brisk flavor consisted of a strong sweetness which reminded me of a generic citrus flavor. It had hints of orange, but had a much more general feel to it. The aroma was very floral, but not distinctly so. It was relaxing yet generic. There was no sense of bitterness or astringency, not surprising considering that it is not a true tea.

Rating: 8/10

Conclusion: This being my first time really trying chamomile, I'm not really sure what to make of it. The tea was very relaxing and enjoyable, but I don't know how this would compare to other chamomile tisanes. Compared to a true tea though this flavor is very short lived.

No comments: