Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ume

Tea: Ume 8230
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Price: $5.00 / 50g
Vendor Description: Ume (Japanese apricot) is used in the same way as a teacake in China. Chinese oolong tea with faint astringency is scented with Ume. The acidity of Ume enhances the aroma and flavor of this tea.

Leaf: The leaf for this tea consisted of very large flat leaf. It reminded me of the leaves for an oolong tea. There was a very strong fruity aroma to the leaves, although I don't know if I would describe it as being a singular fruit.

1st Infusion: There a s definite roasted flavor to this tea. It is a sweet flavored tea, although I do't really know what to make of it. There is no sense of bitterness and no astringency. It almost feels like a roasted tea with some fruity flavors associated with it.

2nd Infusion: This infusion was sweet as well, and it reminds me of something. Although I can't really put my finger on what it is that this tea reminds me of.

Rating: 5/10

Conclusion: This tea is very unusual. I can't figure out what to make of it, and the leaf looks nothing like the image from the website. The flavor was not something that I could really figure out, but it wasn't a very well defined flavor.

No comments: