Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Momo Oolong Super Grade

Tea: Momo Oolong Super Grade
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Cost: $10.50/50g
Source: Taiwan

This is another one of the teas that I got in the assortment from Lupicia. The first thing that you notice about the tea is the very strong peach scent. It is rather strong and almost surprising how a tea can have such a strong fruit smell to it. The actual brewed tea has a different peach scent to it. The smell is reminiscent of biting into a fresh white peach.

The tea itself is a very smooth taste, with a light sense of astringency to it. The tea tastes like peach, but not overwhelmingly so as I feared when I first got the tea. It is a very mellow flavor that is very relaxing.

Rating: 9/10

Conclusion: This is a very nice tea, although I have had very few quality oolongs. I don't know if it is due to having never had a good oolong that I am enjoying this tea, or if it is the tea itself, but I am enjoying it. This is definitely a good tea to get if you like peaches. Hopefully as I try more oolongs I will get a better understanding of where this one lies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's a reason they call this tea "best seller".

I like this tea alot, it's worth the price.

I've yet to meet anyone who didn't like this tea.

Peace.