Saturday, January 12, 2008

Yame Hoshino Vil. Gyokuro


Tea: Yame Hoshino Vil. Gyokuro
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Cost: $25.00 / 50g

The two more prevalent locations from which gyokuro is grown are Yame and Uji. Today I decided to review some of my Yame gyokuro. (Uji to come later) This was actually the first Gyokuro that I have gotten from Yame and I was quite surprised by it. The taste is very grassy and vegetal, much more so than any other gyokuro I have come across. When you first taste it, it has a very smooth flavor, followed by the grassy / vegetal flavor. It is finished with a slight tinge similar to the flavor of a sencha.

Thoughts: Overall I have been very impressed by this tea. Although at the price it is not a tea that I would drink regularly. It is something that is wonderful to try if you have the opportunity, but I don't see myself drinking this on a regular basis. If you are a fan of gyokuro this one is worth picking up though.

Rating: 9/10

No comments: