Saturday, January 12, 2008

Paradise Green

Tea: Paradise Green 8503
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Price: $6.50 / 50g

First off let me apologize for not having a picture of this tea. I brewed all of it that I had before I started this blog. The picture on lupicia's website does a good job of the variety of colors and flavors in this tea though. Although the amount in the picture on their website has all of the petals on the top of the tea.

This tea made me want to go back into making chilled iced tea, while the flavor is nice when served hot, this tea is spectacular when iced. When I was at the lupicia store I had the opportunity to smell this tea before brewing. I simply had to get some. The aroma of the tea is best described as tropical. It is a combination of an assortment of fruits, to the point where I am unable to discern one from another.

Drinking this tea iced accentuates the main characteristics of this tea. The first thing that you notice when you pour this tea is the sweet aroma that comes from it. It almost reminds me of smelling a fruit punch. When you drink the tea you immediately notice the sweet tropical flavor, which is followed by the slight bitterness of a sencha. The contrast of the sweetness and the biterness of the sencha make this tea a perfect iced tea. It finally is followed up by the tannin of the tea leaving your mouth with a dry clean feeling.

Rating: 9/10

Conclusion: I would definitely get this tea again. I can't wait until summer when I can have some more of it iced on a hot day. Definitely worth a try if you enjoy iced tea.

Edit: Adjusted the rating to 9, to remove fractionals from the scale and improve the tagging.

No comments: