Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nara Tsukigase

Tea: Nara Tsukigase 7430
Vendor: Lupicia USA
Price: $5.00/50g

So far this has been one of my favorite senchas todate. The taste is very smooth. It initially has hints of grassy and vegetal tastes, but nowhere in the same nature as the Yame Gyokuro I reviewed earlier. Unlike a gyokuro though this one has the sencha bitterness to it, although the taste leads up to it. Most senchas that I have had get hit by the pang of bitterness toward the end of the taste, but in the case of this one it slowly ramps up to the taste and then after that pang at the height of bitterness it falls off and leaves your mouth with a slight tannin dryness, but not to any extreme. It is a very light astringency which leaves the mouth feeling clean and fresh.

Rating: 10/10

Conclusion: So far this has been my favorite tea, and at the price it is not overly expensive. If you enjoy green tea at all I would highly suggest this one.

No comments: